It’s Monday afternoon and we are still in New York enjoying the wonderful holiday with Julie. The cruise on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton was amazing and the food was extraordinary. The three talks I delivered were great fun and the feedback from passengers during the cruise was humbling.
This was just a dream 18 months ago when I put the picture of the Statue of Liberty on my Dream Board and visualised Julie in a red coat with the Statue of Liberty in the background. On the day it wasn’t a red coat but a red jumper because the weather was so beautiful that it was too hot for the coat.
A magic moment
As we neared the statue and it was getting closer and larger, I had flashbacks of visualising this very moment and trying to work out the best way to get the ideal shot. I visualised a blue sky in the background and we had this on the day.
This was truly a magic moment which was emotional and extremely fulfilling. It has given me new energy to continue with my Dream Board and visualising good things to materialise. I visualised this outcome for many months and I can now take that picture off my Dream Board and add another exciting picture to replace it.
Actor Jim Carey used Visualisation to help him achieve success.
• In the early 1990s, Carrey was an unknown actor struggling to get by.
• To stay motivated, he decided to write himself a check for $10 million for “acting services rendered,” dated it for 1995, and carried it in his wallet for daily inspiration.
• In 1995, Carrey learned he would reap exactly $10 million for his role in Dumb and Dumber.
• Today, Carrey is one of America’s top movie stars — and he credits his constant visualization with helping him get there.
Jim Carrey often speaks publicly about his belief in the Law of Attraction. He is most well-known for describing on the Oprah Winfrey Show how he used creative visualization and abundance checks to propel himself from being broke to earning $10 million per movie.
However, Jim Carrey’s Law of Attraction teachings go far beyond that moment on Oprah.
Here are Jim Carrey’s 4 tips for creating your reality:
1. “You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.” – Jim Carrey
The Law of Attraction involves more than just spending a few minutes visualizing your goals. As Carrey explains, it’s the entire creation process that manifests your desires. You have to believe it and take action towards your desire.
2. “You can ask the Universe for it.” – Jim Carrey
You can ask the Universe for anything you desire. Nothing is out of reach. Nothing is too big or too small. Don’t let fear stop you from asking or limit you from asking for everything you want. The world is your oyster and you are its pearl.
3. “As far as I can tell, it’s just about letting the Universe know what you want, and working toward it, while letting go of how it comes to pass.” – Jim Carrey
There’s nothing to control with the Law of Attraction. If you want to get married, you don’t need to decide how every date will go or what every text message will say. You just need to work towards your goal of getting married, while letting the Universe decide how you’ll get there. Carrey explains the Law of Attraction as a lesson on how to live your life in this commencement speech. It’s filled with tip after tip on how to create your reality.
4. “I believe in manifestation,” says Carrey. “I believe in putting a rocket of desire out into the Universe. And you get it when you believe it.”
There’s an old idiom from the 1600s – “Seeing is believing.” But with the Law of Attraction, it’s actually believing is seeing. Once you believe something, then you’ll see it.
You must believe it before you see it
You can spend endless hours visualizing, reciting affirmations, or making lists. But as Jim Carrey points out, it’s when you believe it that you’ll get it. Many people who are living happy content lives believe in seeing and believing – their lives changed when they applied these principles to their lives.
Thoughts for the week:
1. What did you think of the 4 key points from Jim Carrey?
2. Did you agree with some of them, none of them or all of them?
3. He talks about seeing it, believing it and then receiving it.
4. This week think about some of the principles mentioned in this blog and see if they are worth considering applying to your life.
Well that’s it from New York have a great week ahead and stay positive.
Off the Wall – How to Develop World Class Mental Resilience available HERE
http://www.jdmindcoach.co.uk/product/off-the-wall-how-to-develop-world-class-mental-resilience/ (Special offer. Put in code 10POUND when prompted to receive a signed copy for £10 including postage and packing – UK only)