What a year this has been and once again this has been the best year of my life. This is a bold statement but each year I set out with a vision that the upcoming year will be the best year of my life and the last four years have been!
I can’t guarantee that each year will be the best, but I believe if you shoot for the Stars you may reach the Sun. If you don’t have dreams and goals, then life isn’t as exciting as it could be. You can just get by and survive, but you were born for more than that.
Retired but not finished.
My brother Richard and his wife Adele are retired but they spend a great deal of time in Mozambique volunteering at Iris Global, a Christian humanitarian organization. They teach English, share their faith and inspire the children – they are very fulfilled doing this.
By giving of themselves they are rewarded with feelings of joy and purpose. They are discovering potential within themselves that they didn’t know they had and all this started after retirement. They weren’t satisfied with garden centres, coffee shops and afternoon TV.
We all have amazing potential.
We all have much more potential than we realise. This potential may be blocked by our belief system telling us that we can’t do it, or we don’t have the skills to do it. Our thoughts can either make us or break us. My thoughts used to break me until four years ago I changed the way I thought and spoke.
Since then everything has changed. The business I am building continues to grow across the world against all the odds. Mental Resilience is something I am excited about and something I am using to build my business. I have to remind myself that four years ago I was broke and decorating to pay the bills.
Exciting times ahead.
The momentum is building, and I can feel great things are coming in the future. I have seen my wife Julie change from someone who believed that she has missed her chance in life, to someone who is confident, flourishing and is revealing amazing potential.
She is starting to believe that she has much more to give and is excited about the future. She has changed the way she thinks and speaks and is amazed how her life is unfolding.
I came across this recently which describes the way we can choose between negative and positive.
I have a choice about today
• I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the day is done. I have responsibilities to fulfil today and I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
• Today I can complain because the weather is rainy, or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
• Today I can feel sad that I don’t have more money, or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
• Today I can grumble about my health, or I can rejoice that I am alive.
• Today I can lament over all that my parents didn’t give me when I was growing up, or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
• Today I can cry because roses have thorns, or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
• Today I can mourn my lack of friends, or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
• Today I can whine because I have to go to work, or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
• Today I can complain because I have to go to school, or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new titbits of knowledge.
• Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework, or I can appreciate that I have a place to call home.
• Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
• What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
We really can learn to choose
We can choose how we respond to almost everything we face on a daily basis. We can choose the negative path which is dark and lacks energy, or we can choose the positive path which is filled with happiness and high energy. We really can learn to choose.
Thoughts for the week:
1. Do you have any Dreams or Goals for 2018?
2. If you don’t may I encourage you to develop one or two and work towards them.
3. We all work better when we have a destination to reach.
4. Without goals and dreams we wander around aimlessly and lose out on precious moments and memories we would otherwise experience.
Well that’s it for 2017!! A big THANK YOU to all of you who have responded to my blogs during the year, telling me how much they are helping you – this means a lot to me!
Julie and I will be celebrating at midnight tomorrow with two glasses of champagne giving thanks for the amazing year we have had.
The following video really inspired me when I watched it I hope it inspires you too.
So, it just leaves me to wish you a Happy New Year and let 2018 be the best year you have ever had!